Patch Size: 13.67GB
The long awaited VR feature is now available for all to play. MSFS VR allows you to play in Virtual Reality using supported HMDs (Head Mounted Displays) and brings a new level of immersion to the simulator. In addition to this feature, a wide range of fixes and improvements have been added. As a special thank you for being on this journey with us, free liveries are also available in this update.
Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.
- Virtual Reality is now available to all users as a free update for all OpenXR-compliant headsets! Visit the VR options menu in-game to enable the feature.
- Two new training missions will help you take off and land with the Airbus A320neo.
- Live Weather is enhanced with Meteo blue data to include snow and ice coverage.
- Spotlight Event now features an Airbus A320neo Landing Challenge. See how well you do after training!
- Sam and Rufus liveries for the Aviat Pitts Special S2S
- Aviators club livery for all 30 planes available in the Marketplace for free!
- Test pilot livery for all 30 planes will be granted to all Alpha and Beta testers!
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Fixed an issue where standard animations on air traffic planes could crash the game.
- ATC memory footprint has been optimized
- Fix choosing closed runway on the World map
- Fix ATC pronouncing airport name letter by letter
- Fix ATC giving wrong altitude if first approach waypoint has no altitude descriptor
- New Content manager menu
- Reactivity” and “Extremity dead zone” parameters have been added to the device sensitivity screen
- Copilot is no longer turned on through different play sessions
- Visual help has been added to highlight instruments during tutorials
- You can now map buttons / switches numbered higher than 30 using the Search option in the Input box
- Scroll is now available for camera toolbar panel
- In Controls Options, the profile description of a newly plugged peripheral is now displayed
- Performance in the marketplace has been improved
- Various accessibility issues have been fixed
- Fixed VFR map becoming transparent when resizing
- Ground SFX improvements on Textron aircrafts
- Kinematic sounds improvements on aerobatic planes
- Added seatbelt & no smoking chimes in airliners
- Bug fix and polish on instruments, buttons and flight control SFX
- Fixed no audio heard when aircraft flies over Outer marker beacon
- Fixed flickering clouds for some specific GPUs
- Fixed sun flare flickering on certain occasions OR in certain situations
- Reduced density of lights on secondary roads in the countryside
- Fixed taxi ribbon displayed inside the cockpit
All aircraft shared fixes and improvements
- Plane models update and optimization
- Fixing avionics / FMS validating next waypoint too early when flying
- Fixed several aircraft going back to departure airport when approach is activated on G1000
- Tweaked ground effect
- Planes can land and roll on ice
- Fixed warnings and alerts not resetting when instruments reboot
- Fixed monitor a frequency in COM 2
- Copilot behavior has been improved